03 February 2020
Independent Retail Europe is looking to recruit a Junior Adviser Public Affairs with some Brussels experience for its 5-person team in Brussels. Applications can be sent to job@IndependentRetailEurope.eu by Sunday 23 February.
Independent Retail Europe is the European trade association of groups of independent retailers. Our association promotes the business model of groups of independent retailers and represents their interest in EU policy and legislation development. We work on a very wide-range of EU policy issues that concern the modern food and non-food retail sector.
In order to support our advocacy activities, we are looking to employ a vibrant young professional who would be excited to join our small team. You will work in close cooperation with your senior colleagues as well as the Director General.
Main responsibilities will be to:
- Monitor and communicate developments on various European policies relevant for our members;
- Identify issues of possible interest/concern to our members;
- Participate in meetings to defend, support and represent our concerns towards EU institutions;
- Advocate the priorities of our members towards those entities orally and by drafting position papers and answering information requests;
- Actively represent our organisation in stakeholder events, conferences, etc.;
- Active support to external and internal communication activities: newsletter articles, social media activities, organisation of events, etc.
- Motivated, recent graduate preferably with a degree in law, alternatively in European studies, politics or alike;
- Basic working experience in EU affairs through a Brussels-based internship in a EU institution or trade association;
- Good knowledge of the EU decision-making process;
- Ability to research a subject in detail;
- Good communicator, able to synthesise complex issues;
- Dynamic and inquisitive with a pro-active attitude and strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English and additionally a good level of German and/or French;
- Knowledge of EU competition law is an advantage.
The function is based in Brussels. Please send your CV and cover letter by Sunday 23 February to Else Groen: job@IndependentRetailEurope.eu
We respect GDRP rules.