Did you know…
… that at around 65% of national legislation affecting the retail sector is based on EU legislation? By identifying and eliminating possible negative effects of legislative proposals at EU level, we ensure that national legislation does not limit the development and competitiveness of our groups.
… that Independent Retail Europe is the oldest multisector retail association in Brussels? The association was founded under its original name UGAL (Union des Groupements d’Achat de l’Alimentation) in 1963.
… that members of Independent Retail Europe run over 753.500 stores that directly employ more than 6,5 million people in the EU?
… that Independent Retail Europe represents more than 417.800 independent retailers?
- 23 groups and associations of groups in Europe
- A combined wholesale turnover of more than 513 billion euro
- A combined retail turnover of more than 1.320 billion euro
- More than 753.500 sales outlets
- Representing over 417.800 independent retailers
- More than 6,5 million jobs