Did you know…
… that at around 65% of national legislation affecting the retail sector is based on EU legislation? By identifying and eliminating possible negative effects of legislative proposals at EU level, we ensure that national legislation does not limit the development and competitiveness of our groups.
… that Independent Retail Europe is the oldest multisector retail association in Brussels? The association was founded under its original name UGAL (Union des Groupements d’Achat de l’Alimentation) in 1963.
… that members of Independent Retail Europe run over 759.000 stores that directly employ more than 6,6 million people in the EU?
… that Independent Retail Europe represents more than 403.900 independent retailers?
- 23 groups and associations of groups in Europe
- A combined wholesale turnover of more than 484 billion euro
- A combined retail turnover of more than 1.314 billion euro
- More than 759.000 sales outlets
- Representing over 403.900 independent retailers
- More than 6,6 million jobs