10 September 2019
Independent Retail Europe is looking to recruit an experienced lobbyist with legal background for its 5-person team in Brussels. Applications can be sent until 25 October to job@IndependentRetailEurope.eu
Independent Retail Europe is the European trade association of groups of independent retailers. Our association promotes the business model of groups of independent retailers and represents their interest in EU policy and legislation development. We work on a very wide-range of EU policy issues that concern the modern food and non-food retail sector.
In order to support our advocacy activities, we are looking to employ an experienced and dynamic Legal Affairs Manager. You will work in close cooperation with the Director General as well as the 3 other members of the team.
- Developing and leading the implementation of advocacy strategies;
- Identifying and analysing relevant policy and regulatory initiatives at EU level;
- Developing positions and responses to consultations on regulatory issues;
- Proactively driving the agenda and action implementation;
- Representing the association in EU advisory and working groups and in relevant fora;
- Building and maintaining relationships with EU Institutions and stakeholders;
- Working in close cooperation with members and ensure they are properly informed on developments and initiatives;
- Providing creative ideas and solutions for advocacy, events and further outreach.
- Law degree – with sound knowledge of EU competition law;
- 15-20 years’ experience in European affairs (e.g. trade association, consultancy, corporate representation, EP…);
- Excellent understanding of the functioning of the EU Institutions and legislative process;
- Analytical and conceptual, able to digest large amounts of information and capture the essence;
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills;
- Experience in networking in EU circles;
- Ability to interact with high level policy makers, corporate counsels and CEOs;
- Dynamic self-starter and strong team player, quality and result-oriented, enjoying an international working environment and working in a small team;
- Native English speaker, proficient in both French and German; alternatively, native English speaker with proficiency in French or German;
- Knowledge of the digital economy (data economy, card payments, e-commerce etc.), supply chains (food or non-food), food law and food safety legislation is a plus.
The function is based in Brussels. We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate to experience. Please send your CV and cover letter with indication of expected net monthly salary by 25 October to Else Groen: Job@IndependentRetailEurope.eu
We respect GDRP rules.