Independent Retail Europe is looking to recruit an Advisor European Consumer Affairs
We are looking to recruit an experienced Public Affairs Advisor for our 5-person team in Brussels. Applications can be sent to info@IndependentRetailEurope.eu
This is a hands-on job. Your main responsibilities will be to:
- identify, follow and communicate on consumer and retail related issues of interest/concern to our members;
- develop positions and present and defend them towards EU institutions;
- represent our organisation in Commission advisory groups, conferences, etc.;
- develop and support external and internal communication activities: newsletters, social media, organisation of events, etc.
- Motivated, young professional preferably with a degree in law, alternatively in European studies, politics or alike;
- 2 years working experience in EU affairs;
- Good knowledge of the EU decision-making process;
- Ability to research a subject in detail;
- Good communicator, able to synthesise complex issues;
- Dynamic and inquisitive with a pro-active attitude and strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent spoken and written English and additionally a good level of German (preferably) or French;
- Knowledge of EU consumer policy a plus.
We offer a comprehensive remuneration package commensurate with relevant experience.
The function is based in Brussels.